Sunday 8 March 2009

Initial ideas

When initially being introduced to the third component of the creative technologies module, there were some initially ideas that came into my head, in this blog I will talk about the ideas that I have thought about and why.

The first image that entered my head when first being told about this assessment was to relate it to something I know and can relate to such as a hobby. Therefore I took the main hobby that I partake in which is playing and mixing music like a DJ. When I took this idea and looked back to the brief that we are given with all assessments then it works perfectly well, and fits in with the criteria needed.

Another idea that I had was to have the character as a typical type of superhero that you would expect to see on superman. However I would give it the superhero a name that is not currently being used, possibly a hybrid character that can replicate other superheroes abilities thus creating a super-superhero. Once again this would allow for completion of the first task of the assessment therefore I will have to choose between the two ideas expressed above.


From further analysis and evaluation I have chosen not to use any of the above ideas, this is because of another idea that I have come up with. The final idea that I have chosen is to create a flash video based on the Hello Kitty animation. The reason I decided to create a flash video based on Hello Kitty is from over the Easter holidays with my niece watching the Hello Kitty animation series. Also from the video I watched with my niece I have decided to use certain movements and scenarios that especially made me or my niece laugh. I will be using the software Macromedia Flash 8, I will use this software to develop the images and then to make them move and for interaction to the viewer. I will now research previous projects that have been developed in Flash to gather ideas on how to develop the action and create the final project.

No comments:

Post a Comment